Saturday, January 21, 2012

Carrots


We are getting new appliances on Monday. The installers are coming to replace our stove, dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator. The appliances we have now came with the house and have seen better days. I spent the morning cleaning excess stuff out of the refrigerator and the freezer. I have to make plans to keep the remaining food cold while the switch is being made.

Right now we have ice covering everything outside and it would be nice to think we could just put all the frozen food outside and it would keep. But that's not gonna work, cause it's supposed to warm up into the 50s on Monday. Just my luck! So, we brought up all the coolers from the summer supplies in the basement and plan to fill them with ice on Monday morning and put the food in there.

In the meantime, I discovered I had too many bags of carrots hiding in the produce drawers. i didn't realize I had so many carrots! Since I told my husband we have to try to use as much of the food as we can over the weekend, I had to come up with a plan for the carrots. I am going to make carrot loaf, carrot soup and carrots with pasta.

I am going to be seeing carrots in my sleep!

4 comments:

rachel said...

You can't have too many carrots! I love them.

But I would love to know how you make your carrots with pasta?

judy in ky said...

It was a new recipe I tried. You start with diced carrots and onions and dry pasta and cook it like risotto, adding a little broth to the pan at a time. It was a little bland; I thought it needed garlic and more herbs. You add grated parmagiano-reggiano, butter and chopped basil at the end, so that made it fairly good!

Bearette said...

carrot raisin muffins...

judy in ky said...

mmm, sounds good!