Monday, September 12, 2011

New Beginnings

I am starting a couple of new things. First, I signed up for Pilates classes; I begin tomorrow. I have difficulty with aerobic exercise because of Sjogren's Syndrome. I always knew Sjogren's caused dry mouth and dry eyes, but didn't realize the connection with exercise. I want to exercise, but aerobic exercise fatigues me and makes me breathless. For a long time my husband tried to convince me I was just "out of shape" and needed to try harder. But when Venus Wiliams was recently diagnosed with Sjogren's and had to drop out of tennis, I realized it must be my Sjogren's causing the problem.


I also started commenting on Huffington Post. Ever since I heard about Congress threatening to defund NPR, I have felt the need to speak out. It's a good place to air my views and share them with others.

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Go, go, go! GO!
I am so excited to hear about pilates. Let me know what you think. And I hope you find a supportive environment, an activity you enjoy... I want this to be a great new beginning for you!
((hugs))

judy in ky said...

I will, Natalie. Thanks so much for hugs!