Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dancing with the Stars


I never watched this show before; never really knew what all the fuss was about. However, I did decide to watch it last night, mostly because I wanted to see how Chaz Bono did. I must admit when I first heard about Chastity becoming Chaz, I thought it was a little strange and hard to wrap my head around. But then I saw Chaz doing a couple of interviews on T.V. and I was impressed by honest and level-headed he seemed. I had to admire him for his courage. When I heard he was going to be on Dancing with the Stars, I was surprised. I was even more surprised at the hate directed at him. Some people thought he shouldn't do the show. I thought that was ridiculous. I decided to watch, partly out of curiosity and partly to support him. I think he has a very positive attitude. Were I in the same situation, I would not be half as courageous.

I think the kind of negative attitude that has been shown toward him is the kind of attitude that leads to kids in school being bullied for being "different". I wish everyone could accept other people for what they are. As long as they are not hurting anyone else I don't see how being "different" is wrong.

3 comments:

the veg artist said...

I'm all in favour of people being as 'different' as possible. I love eccentrics, especially those who are oblivious to the fact that most people regard them as 'odd' and carry on, regardless. The world would be so boring if we were all alike, and as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, whose business is it anyway?

judy in ky said...

Agreed 100%. I love eccentrics too!

Jenn Jilks said...

I watched it, too. So much bullying in my classrooms, I dealt with it constantly.
Many transgendered issues exist, and 'you're gay' is still such a common phrase.

I cannot watch the show, as our satellite is out (new shingles, waiting for repositioning). What a pain!