Friday, September 23, 2011

Give Us A Break


I am a "baby boomer" so "social media" does not come easily to me. I managed to start a blog. I finally managed to get onto facebook fairly recently because I was missing out on news from family and friends. But I keep hearing about changes... so many changes. Facebook does this; facebook does that. I hear people complaining about facebook rearranging things, and I have no idea what they are talking about because I just accept what I see and don't even notice that things have been rearranged. Now, this morning, I get messages from facebook friends to change settings, apparently to disarm some new feature that facebook is forcing on us all. I have no idea what they are talking about.

Another thing... when I pull up Google, there is a blue arrow pointing me to a plus sign. I think it has something to do with a new thing called Google-plus, which is supposed to be "even better" than facebook. Oh, my goodness! I haven't even figured out facebook yet, and here comes something else to figure out. I try to stay current, I really do. But I live in a household with an equally clueless spouse and four cats. I have no family nearby who cares about this stuff. My three nieces are savvy about it all, but they are too young to be on facebook. They can show me everything about Angry Birds, but not the things I need to learn!

3 comments:

the veg artist said...

I'd be like this, too, but husband is tech-savvy. He is on Facebook so he can keep up with major events of siblings, their children & grandchildren, and, especially, with his nephew in New Zealand. Personally, I don't get the constant "sharing" that young people seem to go in for. What happened to privacy being a good thing?

Bearette said...

I liked Facebook, too...easy quick way of keeping up with people. But the changes are driving me crazy! I went over to check out Google +, but it's a wasteland over there.

judy in ky said...

Artist, you're lucky to have a tech-savvy husband. My husband and I are like "the blind leading the blind".

Bearette, I'm glad to know I'm not missing anything on Google +.