Monday, September 26, 2011

My 132 Steps

My fellow bloggers, Susan and Rachel, have posted their 132 steps. Just go 132 steps outside your door and snap what you see. I walked in a couple of different directions and here is what I found.


Well, I guess you can see that I live in horse country, the way they name the streets in my neighborhood!


There is a lot of building going on around here...


Sometimes there are cows back there in that field. I like it when I hear those cows mooing.


Trees and lawns and fences. (I just realized that if I do this six months from now, there will be snow all over the place and no leaves on the trees!)

Rural America, fast becoming suburban America. It seems a little ordinary in comparison to Susan's gorgeous water view and Rachel's English countryside. But hey, it's quiet and peaceful. We have kids playing outside, neighbors walking their dogs, lots of cats to feed, and we can hear the crickets at night.

2 comments:

Bearette said...

we have an irish pub nearby called the triple crown :)

judy in ky said...

Every street in my neighborhood is named for a Kentucky Derby winner... either the horse or the jockey. It is Kentucky, after all!