Monday, August 15, 2011

A First Step

This is my very small first step in getting fit. Probably by now, you have all read how sitting shortens your life span. Apparently, sitting is very bad for your health. When I sit down to read a couple of blogs, too often one thing leads to another; I begin looking at links, other blogs, and just surfing the net. Before I know it, an hour or two has gone by.


So here is my very, very small first step. Whenever I sit down in a chair to do anything (read, blog, watch TV, etc.) I am setting a timer. When the timer goes off, I will get up and do something that doesn't involve sitting. I will give myself thirty minutes, then get up!


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great idea! I'm appalled at how easily a day slips by with minimal exercise on my part; I'm all in for anything and everything that helps with getting moving!

judy in ky said...

I know what you mean, Jennifer. Exercising just doesn't seem to come naturally to me. I have to think of ways to fit it in.

Anonymous said...

What a good idea, I find that I sit far more than I used to. I must get out and do something.