Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Winter Sunset

I was in the passenger seat as my husband drove us home last night.  I took these photos with my phone while the car was moving (I do that a lot).  I was struck by the sunset, thinking it's beautiful even if we aren't in a place with beaches and palm trees.




Here are the four little feral kittens, sitting in the heated water dish to keep warm…


When the sun is shining they come out and play, even though it's so cold.  The sunshine is helping all of our spirits through these winter days.

7 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

It is a beautiful sunset.
And those kitties… they are such beauties!

judy in ky said...

My kitties are beauties and your chicas are beauties, too.

Bearette said...

Cute how they cluster in the water dish together.

Anonymous said...

Always fun to come here and see what you've photographed Judy. Thanks for sharing these lovely pics. 40 degree heat today - and ice cubes in Aussie pets water bowls. They'll give the zoo animals here ice licks today. Keep warm where you are.

Anonymous said...

45 degree heat (113 F ) here today !

judy in ky said...

Oh Pam, that's awful. I'm sorry you are having such heat. What can you do for relief?

Anonymous said...

Our house is cool with air-conditioning - though yesterday there was a 'heat spot' fire in the power junction which we share with others on a community title basis. This caused an electricity failure in our house and eight surrounding us. Workmen were busy all day with repairs. No power for 14 hours.
Cooler today, but will be 40 degrees for my birthday on Saturday so we have changed celebrations until the Sunday.
It's fun to read of your opposing weather conditions, but not fun to experience it I guess.