Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Fire in the Sky

I'm always looking up.  Clouds fascinate me, and I take a lot of photos along the way.  Sunsets too.  At times they remind me of fire in the sky.

I took this one as we were on our way to have dinner with friends:


I took these as we were driving home from my sister's house.  The clouds reminded me of cotton balls in the sky.



They formed a background for the building on the hill that looks like it could take off into the sky.


I always find it interesting when I can see the moon in the sky in the middle of a sunny day:


We were driving down I-75 last weekend when we were treated to an ongoing view of the sunset.  I was snapping photos with my phone as we sped down the interstate.


The colors in the sky and the shapes of the clouds kept changing as we drove south.  At this point, the sky still had a delicate, pastel appearance:


Then it began to look like fire.  With the trees in the foreground, it reminded me of a forest fire:





Then the fire subsided and there were delicate colors in the sky above:


We drove past a mosque.  I was trying to photograph the crescent on op of the minaret.  However, we were moving too fast for me to focus on it.  I was always fascinated by the crescent moon when I was a child.  I used to call it a "piece of moon".  I looked up why it is used on top of the minaret, but there is little agreement about it.


A final look at the sun at the horizon:


Finally, the street lamps come on to light the night:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning! What a great capture of the changing skies!

judy in ky said...

Thank you, Pam. You are such a loyal commenter. I appreciate it.

littlemancat said...

Enjoyed your sky pics - especially the day moon sailing the blue. I am reminded of the ocean and whitecaps when the sky and clouds are that brilliant blue and white.
Mary

judy in ky said...

Mary, I like the thought of the moon sailing the blue. I love the blue and white, too. It's my favorite color combination.