Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Inspired By A Book


I've been reading this book:  Crazy Rich Asians

Now I want to go to Singapore!  I had no idea what it was like, but the descriptions in the book inspired me to look it up on Google.

It looks like something out of science fiction.













I like like the Merlion.  (It reminds me a little of "Lost".)


About the book:  I'm only one quarter of the way into it so far.  When it comes to books about the "crazy rich" however, I enjoyed Driving the Saudis more.  It was more believable, for one thing.  It was also more personal and had touches of humor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being so close to us we take Singapore for granted...it is usually standard as a travel stopover to break the long haul to Europe. It's a very clean city with strict anti-litter laws - no chewing gum allowed. I think there were special meetings in the U.S. about this with the Wrigley company to resolve this - don't know what the outcome was.

judy in ky said...

Yes, I have a friend who has friends there. They corroborate what you say about strict anti-litter laws. They don't dare chew gum. I wonder if you are allowed to walk your dog there.