Saturday, March 2, 2013

"You Give Me Fever"



Yesterday I woke up feeling terrible and I had a temperature of 101.9.  I went to the doctor, who did a urine test.  He said it showed "a whole lot of infection" and some blood.  He gave me a prescription for an antibiotic.  I have kidney infections frequently; I don't know why.  Usually they hurt in my back, on the right side.  This time I have pain in my lower left abdomen.

The doctor put pressure on my abdomen, and it was tender on the lower left side.  He said to be aware that I could have appendicitis as well.  The problem is, the appendix is on the lower right side, so I have decided to rule that out.  I hope that's the right thing to do, because the last thing anyone needs is a burst appendix.

I woke up at 4:00 this morning and had a headache and the abdominal pain.  I took a small dosage Vicodin and slept well until 7:00.  We were planning to go to dinner tonight with friends.  I am deciding whether I feel well enough to go.  I just took my temp again, and it was 100.0.

My sister, who is a physician, says I could have kidney stones sitting in my kidney, causing frequent infections.  I suppose the next step is to have an ultrasound to confirm that or rule it out.


6 comments:

littlemancat said...

Oh dear! Methinks you should stay home tonight, rest, get better.
Take care,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I so hope it's not kidney stones. Please stay home and rest. Even infections are the most uncomfortable of things - I hope an ultrasound will solve the mystery of it all. Hope you feel better, or at the very least, can get comfortable in some way Judy.
Bed rest for sure!

judy in ky said...

Thank you both for your comments. I have been resting and am feeling much better.

the veg artist said...

Oh you poorly person! Best have it investigated, then you can do something about it. Take care.

Bearette said...

Ugh! Hope you feel better.

rachel said...

Not nice at all. Look after yourself. x