Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

This is what I woke up to this morning.  My husband walked into the room with a dozen red roses!

When we were little girls, my sister and I woke up on Valentine's Day to find one of these tucked under the edge of our pillows:


My mom, like the Tooth Fairy, would sneak in while we were asleep and leave one of these special Valentine dolls. They are Nancy Ann Storybook Dolls, from the 1950s.

Two younger sisters came along, ten and seventeen years after me, and they inherited the dolls.  They were played with and lost somewhere along the way.  However, I have collected some through eBay as an adult.  My mom loves to see them again, after all these years.  I gave one to my sister for her 60th birthday.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

No comments: