Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Unqualified!


I didn't want to get political. I said I wouldn't get political. But I have to get this off my chest. I used to cringe when I had to listen to George Bush. Now I cringe when I have to listen to her. We just got rid of one demagogue; now we have another one. She is snarky and she plays fast and loose with the truth. She is corny, with those "cutesy" mannerisms. She isn't very smart; it was obvious when she was looking at her hand the other night when speaking. It was obvious when she had the "deer in the headlights" look when Charlie Gibson asked her about the Bush doctrine.

Many people like her. Many people admire her. I just can't understand that.

Update: I just read this morning that a new poll indicates that 71% of Americans think she is unqualified to be President. Maybe there is still hope for the American people... but about the other 29%, what are they thinking? (My own mom is one of the 29% who like her. I don't understand my own mom; maybe it's a generational thing.)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

My own hope is that the more she gets around the higher she will hang herself. I do try to understand her appeal, then like you, I find myself utterly confounded.

judy in ky said...

Natalie, it seems that people like my mom will forgive her almost anything. It is confounding!

Bearette24 said...

Honestly, I think some women like her just because she's a woman and they want to see a woman in office; and I think some people like her because she's attractive and "looks" normal.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the hand photo! Cheat sheets and all.
She sets back the women's movement 40 years!