Saturday, February 13, 2010

I HATE My Iphone!


It's a demon! It's driving me crazy! Three weeks ago it froze up. I went online and found suggested ways to reboot it restart it, unfreeze it, etc., etc., etc. None of them worked. So, I made an appointment to visit the nearest Genius Bar, which is a 45 minute drive away up a busy interstate. The genius informed me she had to erase all the memory from my iphone then replace it all again. It was a long process, but it worked.

Now it's frozen again! But it's frozen in a different way. Instead of a blank screen, all the icons are scrambled all over the screen and none of them will work. I just spent an hour trying suggested fixes. It involves signing on to itunes and syncing everything. I got numerous messages. It wanted to import photos, which took 20 minutes. Then it wanted to download new itunes software, so I did that. The iphone said it was syncing, but nothing changed. Then my laptop began all the same messages over again. Once again, it wanted to import photos and download new itunes software. It just kept going around in continuous loops, with nothing changing on the iphone.

I have another appointment at the Genius Bar tomorrow. I hope they don't have to erase the entire memory again and start over. This is getting to be a huge pain, and in the meantime I have no phone. There has GOT to be a better way!

p.s. It isn't just me, either. Go to Google and type in "my iphone is frozen" and look at all the users who have this problem... it's universal!

**************************************************************
Update: I called AT&T today to ask a question about my account. I happened to mention to her that my iphone wasn't working. She stayed on the phone with me for an hour, trying to resolve my problem with the iphone. Finally, she put me on hold while she called the Apple iphone help line, then she relayed to me what they said to try. I tried it and it fixed my iphone! So, I wanted to put in a good word for the AT&T person who solved my problem... I didn't even know AT&T would do that! Now I don't have to go up to the Apple store after all.

2 comments:

rachel said...

How infuriating. I knew when I was defeated about 5 years ago as phones got more and more complex, and decided that a basic phone for emergencies and the occasional text was just about my level of competence! Just remembering to keep it charged and to look at it occasionally is enough of an intellectual challenge.

Still heaps better than trudging to the nearest public phone booth clutching four pennies - oh yes, I'm old enough to remember those days!

judy in ky said...

A basic phone is looking pretty good to me right now! All the features on the iphone are nice when they are working, but it's just too aggravating when it stops working.