Monday, February 1, 2010

Moving Pictures?


Experimenting...

Well, it didn't work. I recently got a new camera that takes videos. However, I can't figure out how to add a video to my blog. I was able to download it to my computer using iphoto. However, I can't get the video to upload to my blog.

What am I doing wrong? Do you have to use imovies instead of iphoto? I have a MacBook. I have consulted all of my "MacBook for Dummies" books and they don't seem to address this (at least not in a way that I understand).

If any blogger out there who uses a MacBook and has successfully added videos to their blog, please let me know if you have any advice about this.

Thank you.

3 comments:

rachel said...

This is how I do mine, Judy ( Lizzie of My Generic Medium helped me learn this) and it's easier than it sounds:

First I upload the video to YouTube (I've never managed to move a video straight from iphoto to my blog, as I just get the first image only). There's a quick way to upload through Finder/all movies, but you can do it from iphoto too. Just takes longer.

Then when the uploading and processing is all done, I highlight and copy the bit at the side of the Youtube video that says Embed...(code)...

And then, in my blog post, I go into HTML, paste the copied code where you want the video to be in the post, and click Preview to make sure it's worked - you should see the video properly in Preview, rather than just the code). Then I return to Compose mode to add text, sort size etc.

Of course, there are probably many other 'proper' ways of doing this, and the more computer-literate are probably falling over laughing hysterically at my Mickey Mouse way of doing it, but it works for me. I'd be happy to hear other ways too. Good luck!!

BTW, if a photo is too wide for the space on your blog, go back into HTML and reduce the size (it's always given twice) in increments of 50 till it fits.

judy in ky said...

Okay, thank you so much! I was hoping I would hear from you, because I enjoy your videos of your kitties so much. I love your "Mickey Mouse" way, because that's the way I operate, too. I'm going to try it.

rachel said...

Today (4th Feb) I see that Blogger in Draft (the new Editor feature) has added a means of uploading a video/film clip direct from your photos, bypassing YouTube. This new facility appeared a few days ago then disappeared until today, but it worked perfectly for me this evening.