Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Well, They Got Me Again!

Last week, after I watched "Lost" I was turned off. It was dark. Some of the characters were "undead" and looked like zombies. That's not my cup of tea. I had always loved the show because of the characters. The way they were written; they way they were developed. There wasn't much of that evident in last week's episode.


This week was just the opposite. It was totally character-driven, and it was even heart-warming. It revolved around Ben. Ben is played brilliantly by Michael Emerson, who won an Emmy for the role.


Ben has always been a character that we loved to hate. He claimed to be "one of the good guys", but he was consistently manipulative, deceptive, and double-crossing. He was an enigma from the very beginning, when he first appeared claiming a false identity.


Last night showed a hint of Ben's redemption. He forgave and was forgiven, and the acting was just amazing. I have no idea what the future brings for the character of Benjamin Linus. But I am watching again. As long as Michael Emerson is on the screen, I will be watching.

No comments: