Saturday, March 6, 2010

Things Are Busy Around Here

I feel bad that I have neglected my blog for so many days. I have been helping out with my nieces... we had them at our house last night. They wanted to watch television. They love a show called "I Carly". It's awful! Its pace is frenetic and its music is loud. The kids on it are smart alecks and call each other "turds". I can't believe Disney Channel puts it on the air. I fear for the ideas my nieces are getting from these programs. Do I sound like an old "fuddy-duddy" yet?

We have also been preparing our house to host a crowd on Easter. That involves bringing up extra tables and chairs from the basement, and moving furniture around. I also had to clean out my pantry to accommodate the extra food. I put together six Easter baskets (minus the candy, which I will add at the last minute). I had to put them up high, on top of my china cabinet so the cats won't get into them while we are in Italy.

Speaking of Italy, I am also in full-panic packing mode. I don't like to take a lot of luggage. No matter where I am going or for how long, I try to take just one small rolling suitcase and one smallish carry-on bag. That means a lot of agonizing over what to take and what to leave at home. When you are young, you can just throw your sneakers, shorts, and a sweatshirt in a bag and go. When you get older, you need all your lotions, potions, pills and ointments. I have to keep reminding myself I can probably buy most of those things where I am going if I need them. Then, for the 8 or 9 hour flight, I want books, pillows, headphones and emergency food. Oh, and a flashlight! I always take a flashlight since the time I got stuck on an elevator and there were no lights. It's much nicer if you can sit there and read while waiting to be rescued.

Anyway, that's all that has been on my mind this past week. Now it's the weekend and we are planning to go see a movie. So I can forget about Easter and packing for an hour or so!

No comments: