Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Feeling Sorry for Yourself is Not a Good Thing...

Yesterday, I was feeling sorry for myself. I have an appointment Thursday to have a melanoma cut out of my arm. I've been dreading that. Next week, I have an appointment to have a kidney stone smashed to pieces by lithotripsy, which is scary because I don't know what to expect. I've been dreading that, too. Feeling sorry for myself, I didn't do anything yesterday but lie around and watch mind-numbing television. I hate days like that! After the fact I feel so ashamed of myself... after all, there are so many people with so many worse problems.

Today I am determined to get over it! The weather helps... it's a gorgeous day here. Sunny, clear, not humid. I think I will take a drive on a country road with the convertible top down! Later today, I will pick up my three nieces from school. There is nothing like three lively, energetic girls to take your mind off yourself!

One last thought: it sure would be nice to have a beach to walk along. That's the ultimate mood lifter...

No comments: