Thursday, May 28, 2009

On the Mend








I am happy to report I am feeling much better. My husband practically carried me into the doctor's office. They gave me a mighty injection of antibiotics. That was Tuesday. It's hard to believe, but I felt better within an hour.

I'm still resting and taking meds, but Wednesday I got out of bed. I even cooked dinner. It felt good to be functioning again. Today it was a real treat just to ride in the car with my husband to Wendy's for a Frosty. Just down the road, past a horse farm, past Don, Jr.'s garage, to Wendy's. It was nice to get outside and breathe some fresh air!

It seems that I occasionally need to be reminded of how good it is just to be able to get up in the morning and do things. When I was twelve years old I had rheumatic fever and had to stay in bed for six weeks. I remember how difficult it was to watch the other kids running around and playing and having fun. I thought if I could just be normal again, I would appreciate it every day. Now, every once in a while I get a reminder of what it's like not to be able to go about my normal daily life. It always makes me appreciate having good health all over again.

Thanks to my friends who left "get well" wishes here. It lifts my spirits to hear from you.

No comments: