Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An Impatient Patient


I've had a fever off and on for a week or so. I have had blood tests, urinalysis, a chest x-ray and a visit with a hematologist/oncologist. Yesterday, I had a fever of 103 degrees again. We called the doctor and he had me come in for an antibiotic injection. He says my tests indicate a kidney infection.

When I got out of bed to go to the doctor, I thought I was going to collapse. I walked unsteadily as my husband held me up. By the time I got home after the shot, I felt remarkably better. Now I have to take antibiotics by mouth for ten days and rest. My doctor had initially ordered an echocardiogram to rule out endocarditis, but he cancelled it after he found the kidney infection. I am hoping the kidney infection clears up and that will be the end of it. I just want to get back to my normal, crazy, hectic, boring life!

4 comments:

Bearette said...

Oy. Sorry you are going through all this...

Susan said...

best wishes winging their way to you from tout la Gang here at 29 Black Street. xoxo, S, Missy D, Nessie Ness, Oliver and FB (the Fussy Bastard) known also as Gus or Lil' Man

That Chick Over There said...

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time!

judy in ky said...

Thank you all... I am feeling much better now. I think I may be getting over it. That shot they gave me seemed to have worked miracles.