Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mystery Illness... Again!


I haven't been very active this weekend. Yesterday, I started to feel chilled. Then I started shaking. I piled on the sweaters and socks. I took my temp, and it was 103.2. My sister, the doctor was worried and said to start taking Tylenol. Then my face turned red and my chills turned to being too hot. This went on all day... alternating between hot and cold.

I took my temp again several hours later and it was down to 102.3. My sister was still worried. I went to bed and took more Tylenol. I slept well last night, alternating tossing covers off and adding more covers on. I was having crazy, weird dreams all night. This morning my temp was down to 101.2. "Still too high" my sister said. This afternoon I got the chills and the shaking again. The shaking was crazy! I needed help to drink a glass of orange juice!

Well, now it is 3 p.m. and I feel well enogh to sit up. I have no idea what this is. It's really aggravating because it's been a beautiful weekend and I haven't been out the door. Now I am watching President Obama speaking at Notre Dam. It's very emotional. Actually, I am holding my breath for him.

3 comments:

rachel said...

That sounds scary. Hopefully you're on the mend now? I'm not a doctor, so I freely prescribe a few days of sitting with your feet up, doing nothing much except reading and eating and drinking only what you fancy....

judy in ky said...

Rachel, I like your prescription! I think I will try it.

anya said...

Goodness, Judy, I hope you don't have the S flu!

Rest, mind your sister, breathe!