Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Weird Birthday?


I looked for a photo that describes my upcoming birthday, and this is what I found.  Yes, it's weird.  What am I doing on my birthday this year?

I'm having outpatient surgery.  No, I didn't plan it that way.  It was supposed to be the week after.  My birthday is July 10th.  The doctor only does surgery on Wednesday, and it was supposed to take place on the 17th.  The 4th was out because it's a holiday weekend, and the 24th was out because the doctor was going on vacation.  They called me and told me they realized later that the doctor was taking a two-week vacation.  That left the 10th as my only choice.  I really didn't want to put it off for another month because I would have to do all the pre-op stuff all over again.

So, it ended up on my birthday... afternoon.  Which means I can't eat or drink anything all day until after the surgery.  I'm not sure how I will feel, but I will certainly try to have some birthday cake!

6 comments:

the veg artist said...

Oh dear, you are in the wars! Promise yourself an extra special gift to compensate! I did this a few years ago, having to undergo something that I cannot mention in polite company! It did help!!

judy in ky said...

You help me feel better about it. I will definitely think of something to compensate. Birthday cake will help.

littlemancat said...

Sorry to hear that you have to undergo any kind of medical thing on any day, but especially your birthday! Ah, isn't it always "the best laid schemes of mice and men?"
Take care,
Mary

judy in ky said...

Hi Mary, I have told my husband to have cake and ice cream waiting when we get home!

Jenn Jilks said...

I love your attitude, though. Just get it done.
I hope all goes well.
You can be spoiled later!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

We believe in the Birthday Week... and this sounds like a good time for you to adopt this policy, too. I'll be thinking of you, and sending you aloha! ((Hugs))