Thursday, May 17, 2012

What Time Is It?


I got this idea from Rachel of "Slow Lane Life". She has a clock on her mantel that is right only twice a day. I have a clock like that, too. This is a tall, wooden clock that I love. It actually came with our house in Pennsylvania; the previous owner left it for us. It stood in the entry and was the first thing you saw when you came in the front door. It never has told the time (maybe that's why she left it). The front opens, but there is no place to put in a battery. Oh well, I just set the hands to any time that feels right.

The little mouse was a Christmas decoration. I liked it there, so it stays on the clock now.

While I was photographing the clock, I caught two of my cats in poses I liked, so I am posting them, too. (This is a spur-of-the-moment kind of post.)


This is Munchkin, posing on a little rug. If you set a rug on the floor, a cat will sit on it.


This is Tiger, doing his "Princess and the Pea" impersonation. I guess this post does have a theme, after all: both the clock and the cats are decorative.

4 comments:

Bearette said...

in my in-laws' house, none of the clocks has the right time. it's like going down the rabbit hole.

judy in ky said...

That's funny. I kind of like the idea of "relative time".

rachel said...

That's a beautiful clock, plain and simple, just the way I prefer. If you read my comments, you'll see someone has posted a feng shui link that mentions not placing a clock where it will be the first thing you see on entering a house. Still, I'd rather like to see your clock when I walk in my front door!

Arthur Ransome said...

It's a lovely clock. It looks to me as if the door in the case should open and it should have a pendulum and be worked by weights. Or something along those lines.