Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oh, Gwyneth... Please Stop!


My eyes! I can't believe what I saw last night!

THIS is Ann Reinking:


She is a fabulous dancer. If you don't know who she is, you really should go see her in a show or a movie or something.

THIS is Gwyneth Paltrow:


She may be a big star, and she may be morphing into a singer... but she is NOT a dancer!

This is Bebe Newirth (also a pretty good dancer) with Ann Reinking on the Broadway stage in "Chicago":


They were BREATHTAKING doing the the "Hot Honey Rag".

This is Lea Michele and Gwyneth Paltrow last on on "Glee" doing the "Hot Honey Rag":


They were awful! Especially Gwyneth. She looked like a rank amateur, compared to Ann Reinking. No control of her body at all, just flapping around... ugh!

I know lots of young people love "Glee". I think it's great that they are becoming interested in glee clubs and old movie musicals (i.e., the "Make Em Laugh" number from "Singing in the Rain"). I just hope they don't get the impression that this is as good as it gets.

7 comments:

Bearette said...

i think i am the only person in america who has not seen glee.

judy in ky said...

You haven't missed much, as far as I'm concerned. But I'm sure they would call me "not part of their demographic".

judy in ky said...

Weren't you also the last person in America to know who Lady Gaga was? (When you said that, I had to look her up because I didn't know either.)
I think you and I have a lot in common.

judy in ky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bearette said...

Yes :)

Unknown said...

Totally just wrote a post about Reinking myself. I just discovered her about 2 weeks ago (well rediscovered). I couldn't agree more. Hot Honey Rag in Glee was a MAJOR disaster. Reinking has tremendous control when dancing... Paltrow looked like crap. Here's the link if you would like to read (I did find some pretty obscure videos. So, they are worth checking out)! Ann Reinking Post

judy in ky said...

Jake, I checked out you post... great job! Thanks for your comment.