Friday, March 4, 2011

Losing It

Losing what? Weight, what else. I am trying. They say it helps to keep a "food journal" and write down what you eat during the day. I decided yesterday that it might be even more motivational to take a photo of everything I ate. So I did.

For breakfast I had yogurt with blueberries and raspberries. I have this every morning because I love berries. Nice, too, that they are good for you.


I can't give up bread, I actually crave it. So, at 10:30 I had my mid-morning snack... a piece of whole wheat toast. Notice the hole... it makes for even fewer calories!


The toast was accompanied by a small can of V-8. I have one of these everyday, too. An extra serving of vegetable never hurts.


I always keep boiled eggs on hand for a serving of protein.


For lunch I had one of the eggs. I remove the yolk (they say it has all the fat in it), and I replace it with hummus. I love hummus, and it's healthy too.


With the eggs, a sweet, juicy clementine.


For dinner I made a stir-fry with shrimp, asparagus and little tomatoes. I forgot to take the photo before we ate, so this was all that was left (lunch the next day!). This was accompanied by brown rice.


After dinner I got out of my chair and went for a walk. How did I do?

2 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you! I've given up dieting for Lent! :-) Actually, my husband lost 30 lbs. last year, watching what he eats. My issue is quantity, not quality so much. Sigh. I try to drink a glass of V8 a day, too. Good job!

judy in ky said...

Thank you! Not sure how long I will be able to keep it up, though. Too many temptations!