Monday, December 6, 2010

Do You Remember These?


If you grew up in the 50s, you might. I remember them well. They are Gurley candles. They were made for every holiday. I just love the details, the facial expressions, and the "body language" of these little characters. Apparently they have become very rare; I couldn't find pictures of them all. I had forgotten about them completely until I saw a picture of some reproductions in a catalog. Seeing them takes me back in time... very nostalgic.

Christmas:






Thanksgiving:




Halloween:




Easter:


4 comments:

Bearette said...

in the first photo, kind of far away, they look like Hummel figurines...

judy in ky said...

I think they do have similar attention to detail.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I loved those, but was always conflicted about lighting them. Obviously someone lit them, or they would not be so rare!

judy in ky said...

Now they are becoming even more rare, because people are collecting them!