Thursday, April 22, 2010

Redbuds and Ponies... It's Spring!


Not much is happening here these days. We are just enjoying spring weather, the period before it becomes hot and humid. It's sunny and in the sixties and seventies. One of my favorite things here is the blooming of the redbud trees. When I was little, I loved the lilacs that grew in our back yard. When I lived in Pennsylvania, I loved the azaleas that grew everywhere. Here in Kentucky, I enjoy the dogwoods and the redbud trees. It's all beautiful!


Also, the ponies come back in the spring. There is a farm adjacent to our neighborhood, where they keep horses. They will come up to the fence when people walk by. This photo is one I took last year, along the walking path in our neighborhood.

2 comments:

Bearette said...

Is the top photo of a dogwood?

judy in ky said...

It's a redbud. I love dogwoods, too.