Saturday, April 10, 2010

One Week Ago... Easter at My House


Easter baskets, Easter bunnies and Easter eggs:


The tables are set:



Molly in her Easter bonnet:


My sister and my niece Sarah:


This is Sarah again, channeling the Easter bunny:


Molly and Emma, cousins, with their Easter baskets:


Aubrey and Parker, more cousins. Aubrey's name came from the song "And Aubrey Was Her Name" by Bread. Parker's name is an old family name; many of our ancestors shared the name, and it was my grandfather's middle name.




This is Parker's brother, Jackson. Jackson is playing with Elmo, who came from his Easter basket.


It was a busy, fun day. I made ham, brisket, scalloped potatoes, sweet potato and butternut squash gratin, roasted asparagus and brussels sprouts, and a green salad. I made cupcakes for dessert, but most of us were just too full. So, the cupcakes went home with the guests!

3 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I love the glow... everything you did lights up the day. So much affection and love. Nice.

Jenn Jilks said...

So much fun! We eschewed chocolate for pictures on the lawn. The adults snuck the chocolate when toddler was sleeping!

judy in ky said...

Thank you both! I'm afraid we had chocolate all over the place. I always buy too much!