Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gentle Rain


Today is that kind of day here. A steady, gentle rain. No wind blowing it inside, so all the windows are open. Everything looks green and smells fresh. A break from heat and humidity and unrelenting sun.

It's quiet except for the unhurried rain, birds calling, and the occasional rumble of thunder. There are no roaring lawn mowers or screaming weed whackers (hate those things). Just quiet, as if man had never come to this place.

My two younger cats are running and hiding from the thunder. Katie, the older cat has seen it all. She sits on the window sill enjoying the show. I have chores to do today. Indoor chores. I feel energized by the rain, so I am ready to tackle them all.

3 comments:

Susan said...

hey ! you've been tagged by two people - just wasn't sure if you knew by "slow lane life" and by "war of the nuts" I for one am looking forward to your answers. xo S & les Gang

judy in ky said...

Susan, I had no idea I had been tagged. How can you tell? Is it on email? Where do I get the questions? This is the first time I've done this... what a rank beginner I am! I would be happy to answer... do I have to copy and paste something?

judy in ky said...

Susan, I think I figured it out. See next post. Thanks!