Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Mood


The holiday mood is finally beginning to creep up on me. I went out this morning and did a big chunk of my Christmas shopping. I went early so the stores were not crowded. I hardly had to wait in any lines. Everyone I encountered was in a good mood, and pleasantries were exchanged, stranger to stranger. I even maneuvered the parking lot with a minimum of trouble.

So, I came home and took some photos of holiday images around my house. There is a little bit of snow on the ground, so it looks pretty right now.

I like it when plants grow their own decorations. Here is a little bush with red berries:



This little tree sprouted some funny little pods, which you can see hanging from a branch:



I especially like pine cones. I have baskets full of them:



And Tiger jumped up in the window to see what I was doing out there.

3 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I hope more of the holiday mood slips in to your days. Sometimes it is in unexpected places.
Tiger in the mood gave me a holiday grin.

anya said...

Looks so festive Judy! The last photo is wonderful!

judy in ky said...

Thank you both... Tiger is a natural model, I think.