Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Carillon Park - Part III


We visited the park Saturday, from 10:00 a.m until 4:00 p.m. There was a lot to see! I decided to keep the NCR story for a separate post, so here are some random photos of interesting things we saw that day.


This is a steam pump. It reminded me of something Jules Verne-ish, which is very cool!




This is the Corliss Engine. It supplied both electrical power and steam heat for the National Cash Register Company from 1902 to 1948.

It looks a bit Jules Verne-ish to me, too.


This view reminded me of a scene like the end of "Planet of the Apes". It was a little disconcerting to see this clock tower, which I was used to seeing on the top of building in town; and here it was sitting on the ground!





Then there was the old train station. Inside, it reminded me of the old Fort Washington station, where I used to wait for the train to take me to work in Philadelphia.




Nice memory.

No comments: