Wednesday, April 9, 2014

We're Home!

Tuesday morning I woke up at 2:30 am, stumbled downstairs (actually I took the elevator) in this hotel in Bucharest, Romania.


We had a flight at 6:05 am from Bucharest to Frankfurt, Germany.  We then waited a few hours at the Frankfurt airport, where we waited, receiving multiple texts announcing flight delays and gate changes. (It's a good think I had my phone with me.)

The flight from Frankfort to Newark, New Jersey was eight and a half hours long.  I slept through part of it, but not enough.  When we arrived in Newark we had to go through a series of lines, having our passports and bags checked, then going through customs and finally the security line.  By then, I was feeling the lack of sleep as well as the meds I had taken to try to sleep.

In Newark, we waited.  And waited.  And waited.  Our flight finally took off, four hours late.  Two hours after that we were finally home.  I tried to watch the season finale of "Justified" but slept through the whole thing.  I slept all night and here I am!

The journey home wasn't so much fun, but the trip itself was wonderful!  As soon as I have a chance to unpack my camera and find the proper cord, I will upload my photos and show you some highlights.  In the meantime another cup of coffee is in order!

2 comments:

the veg artist said...

Glad you're home safe and well. Been watching that part of the world and wondering how you've been getting on!

Bearette said...

Yes, coming back is a bear, isn't it? Looking forward to seeing your pictures.