Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Photos from My Journey

I always take lots of photos when we travel.  I think I took over one thousand during our recent Eastern Europe trip!  Before digital, it was a real problem.  I never had enough film.  Every time we came to a store I had to buy more.  It drove my husband crazy.  Now I can just snap away to my heart's content.  I just have to take an extra memory card.

I have already posted many photos to show the countries, towns and cities we visited.  I have a few left over that I am just going to post here.  They don't tell a particular story, but they do show a little more of what the experience was like.



This was the hallway leading to our stateroom, and there is our number…


The ship was great, not too big, just three floors and a sun deck on top.







They have an herb garden on the top deck, and they use the herbs when preparing the food.








The galley crew and the wait staff could not have been nicer, and the food was fabulous.








Traditional music and dancing…






A walk around Bucharest on our final day…




We never found out what this statue represents…






We spent our last night at the Palace Athenee Hotel in Bucharest.  It's beautiful and it has quite a fascinating history.








This was a life-changing journey for me.  I saw a part of the world about which I knew little, and I learned so much about history and how the world has worked and continues to work.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories you have made Judy. Thank you again for sharing them here. I have enjoyed every photo and insight and appreciated seeing this part of the world through you eyes.

Anonymous said...

(your) !

judy in ky said...

Thank you for following along with me, Pam. I'm happy to share it.