Saturday, August 10, 2013

Where Have I Been?

I haven't posted for a few days.  I was away from home and away from my computer.  I was visiting a small town in Michigan, my husband's home town.

It has shady neighborhoods:


And well-kept houses:

There are picket fences:

And porches:


We visited the family's gravesite:


We visited my husband's brother and sister-in-law:




And friends from college at their house by the lake:






There was a festival in town:








After that, we drove to Ohio and saw a play at a town hall theater, with my mom, sister, niece and her husband, and great niece and two great nephews:


This is my niece and her two sons.  We went to the play with them and my mom and my sister.


Their sister, Emma was in the play.  She played Queen Fleawig in "Stone Soup".  That's Emma in the pink wig.  This was her first acting experience.


After the play, we met with the cast who were busy signing autographs.






Then we had dinner with the family, followed by ice cream at Graeter's.

Nice long weekend!

5 comments:

Bearette said...

Looks like fun. Very idyllic

judy in ky said...

It's a nice area, but I don't like the "lake effect" winters there.

Anonymous said...

These photos remind me of the summer I spent in the U.S.in the early 80's. The late 1970's trip was in Winter. Lovely to experience your country in both seasons. I really enjoyed your photos!

judy in ky said...

Thank you, Pam. I'm happy that you liked my photos. I always try to show the "flavor" of a place.

Jenn Jilks said...

You have to visit those festivals, and family!
Cheers from Cottage Country!