Thursday, August 15, 2013

Busy Reading


I haven't been posting much here recently, and I feel I should explain.  The thing is, I've been too busy reading. Right now I'm reading book five of A Song of Ice and Fire.  The HBO series "Game of Thrones" is based on these books.  I have the five books on my Nook, and I am now on page 3679 out of 4784.  I'm dying to find out what happens to my favorite characters, but I'm afraid this might not happen since the author is planning to write books six and seven.  Will I be left hanging after reading 4784 pages?  Ugh.

My husband and I have been catching up on seasons one, two and three of "Game of Thrones" before season 4 begins next year.  My progress in the books is ahead of what we are watching on TV, so I usually know what is coming before it happens on screen.  I have to resist telling my husband what I know is going to happen.  (They have changed some things though, so I can still be surprised.)

Right now we are getting close to watching the episode that includes the infamous "red wedding" and I find myself dreading it.  I keep thinking I should warn my husband, but I know I won't.  I read about one viewer who was so upset that he decided to stop watching.  Viewers who hadn't read the books were stunned by the "red wedding" massacre when season three aired earlier this year.  I'm kind of glad I hadn't begun watching it yet.

Even though I know what will happen, I think I will have to have a few glasses of wine before I watch the penultimate episode of season three.  It's not as if I haven't been warned.  As the author himself has said, "If you expect a happy ending you haven't been paying attention".


No comments: