Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Transition is Coming

Currently, our cable company is Insight.  We have our internet, phone and TV through them.  We have been informed that Time Warner Cable has bought Insight.  That means we have to "transition" to a new cable company.

It sounds ominous.  We have to go online to set up an account then wait for further instructions.  The change is supposed to happen sometime in June.  When they implemented this transition in Indiana earlier this year, there were all kinds of problems.  People could not get their phone or internet service for days.

We have to set up new email accounts, then "sublet" our old email accounts to it.  I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like trouble.  (Am I being a pessimist?)  This blog was set up partnered with an AOL email account that no longer works.  I hope my blog doesn't disappear.  If it does, I will find another way to produce it.  (Maybe another trip to the Apple store.)  If that happens, I hope you will find me.  I've seen others change their blogs to a different blog service and they provide a link to the new one.  I need to find out how to do that (just in case).

Another change!  There are always changes, aren't there?  Sometimes I wish things could just stay the same.

2 comments:

the veg artist said...

Oh, please don't get lost in the ether!

judy in ky said...

I won't! I will make sure to be here. It's important to me to stay in touch with you and all of my internet friends.