Saturday, May 25, 2013

It's Good To Be Home


I'm still recuperating.  Taking antibiotics and pain medicine.  I spent all morning in bed, surrounded by three loyal cats.  Now I am going to try sitting up for a while, and get reacquainted with my laptop.

In my last post, I didn't explain the entire situation.  We had gone out of town for the weekend.  We flew in Friday and planned to fly home Monday.  I woke up in pain Sunday morning and was admitted to the hospital.  We had to cancel our flight home and wait to see how long I would have to stay.  They let me go on Thursday but made me stay in town one more day to make sure my blood cultures were negative for bacteria.  I was SO relieved when they called me on Friday and said I could go home.

We had to decide whether to fly or drive home.  I still felt uncomfortable so I could not imagine going through airport hassles, possible delays and flight cancellations.  So we decided to drive.  It was a long drive, but I got as comfortable as I could in the car.  By the time we got home I was exhausted and went straight to bed.  I can't begin to tell you how good it felt to be back in my own bed, in my own home!

So, finally I am at home.  I'm sitting up in a big chair, watching "Sex and the City".  I never saw it the first time around because we didn't get HBO in those days.

5 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Gah! What an ordeal... as though being that sick isn't difficult enough.

I hope your recovery is comfortable, and thorough. ((hugs))

judy in ky said...

I know, Natalie. At times I wondered if I would ever get home! It's such a relief.

Bearette said...

that show is addictive. you are gonna get hooked!

Anonymous said...

If you are going to get sick, better that it's on home territory. I saw little of Paris once because I was so ill and confined to bed with kidney problems. What a wasted opportunity and being cross doesn't help- like you mentioned there is great relief in just feeling better eventually and moving on. There really is no place like home - unless its Paris dammit!!
It also helps when you are on home territory with the language and health system. Sickness is a pain - getting better is THE best! Wishing you a speedy recovery Judy after that long trip home!

judy in ky said...

Pam, the "Sex and the City" episode I watched yesterday featured Carrie going to Paris. What a shame to be sick in Paris!
Bearette, I have a friend who is a lot like Carrie.