Saturday, May 14, 2011

Why Do I Cry?

A few days ago I wrote a post about my emotions when faced with sad situations, specifically those that originated in childhood when I saw such movies as Bambi, Dumbo, and Old Yeller when animals were mistreated or killed. Well, today I found myself crying again. I was reading a review of this movie. A French movie with English subtitles, it has received much praise and several prestigious awards.


It is playing in a theater near me and I was trying to decide whether to go and see it. It sounds like a beautifully made movie, but I don't think I can bear it, particularly because it is based on a true story. I watched the trailer and read some reviews, and found myself in tears. What would happen to me if I went to see it? I'm afraid I would be affected in a way that would make it difficult for me to face the world. Is this a sickness? Is this normal? Why can other people see such sad things then go about their daily lives?

No comments: