Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shopping for a Wedding

We are going to a wedding in a few weeks. What to wear? I haven't been to a wedding for a number of years. What does one wear these days? Feeling a bit out of touch, I looked online for suggestions.

I know that traditionally it was taboo for a guest to wear white, in deference to the bride. However, I found this one as a suggested dress for a guest. I'm still reluctant to break the taboo.


It used to be taboo to wear black, though I understand it is being done these days.


I've seen lot of strapless dresses. Really? In church? Oh well, I don't think I could wear a strapess dress anyway.


These dresses were shown as wedding guest dresses. I don't think So! Maybe for Vegas...


To the other extreme, I think these are a bit too matronly.


Okay, this one looks just about right. I will look for something like this.


Of course, then there is still the matter of shoes...


Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Bearette said...

Luck! I did notice that Piper wore white to Kate's wedding.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Comfortable shoes . There's a lot of hanging about at weddings .
(Heavens! I'm getting old !!)

judy in ky said...

Bearette, I read that it's not too unusual for royal weddings... I guess they have different rules!

S and S, I have to be able to dance, so no uncomfortable shoes for me (I'm getting old too)!