Monday, November 8, 2010

Hawaii... Things I Love


The flowers. There are flowers in Hawaii that I never see at home. I could spend the whole week just taking photos of flowers.


The birds. Some day I need to take a bird-watching tour in Hawaii. As "background sound" I always hear the most amazing bird calls coming from somewhere in all the green. I would love to see who they are. There are many little birds visiting inside the hotel, and this is one of them. (That's another thing I love about Hawaii... the indoor/outdoor way of life.)


I love the quilts. At home I do a lot of patchwork, but not much applique work. The applique in Hawaiian quilts is intricate and I have always admired it. So, I found a lady in a quilt shop who gives lessons. I signed up for a class, and learned some of her secrets. There were four of us in the class; a woman from Iowa, and a mother and daughter from Tokyo. We learned together and laughed together.




Grasses blowing in the breeze. The simplest things are beautiful, and the colors all complement each other.


Palm Trees. As I am not a good tanner, I appreciate the shade they provide on the beach. Of course, I have to watch out for the fruit falling on my head if there is a strong breeze!


Floating in the pool. I love the feeling of being buoyant. Just floating on my back, looking up at the sky. It's better to me than any massage.


Umbrellas on the beach, just the colorful look of them (and the shade).


Sailing. Any time we go on vacation where sailing is available, we do it. I wish I had learned to sail when I was younger.


Luau shows. Better than anything in Vegas!




Restaurants right on the beach. The best way to eat and drink is with sand between your toes!




And even trick-or-treaters. We were in a mini-mall. The children went from store to store, gathering candy. In the food court, they went from stall to stall, and everyone gave them candy.



2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Thank you for sharing all of your loves. You are stirring my soul Judy, stirring!

judy in ky said...

I am so happy to share them with you, Natalie. I know you love Hawaii, too. My heart is happy when I am there.