Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hitting The Road In Hawaii

I enjoy staying at a resort, with the beach and the pool and all the amenities. But I always want to go exploring, too. I love exploring new places. As my husband could tell you, I like to take every road as far as it goes and beyond, just to find out what is around the next bend in the road.




Each time we go to Maui, he knows I will want to drive the Road to Hana... all the way to Hana. I took these pictures there... we had gone as far as we could.


The photo below was taken last week, on the Big Island. Once again, we took the road as far as it would go. We drove to the northern tip of the island. Here are some photos I took along the way:
















I love going to "the ends of the earth"! Isn't it beautiful?

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Pololu Valley.
My favoritest part of the Island is Kohala, and the drive form Havi to Kamuela-Waimea.
*sigh*

judy in ky said...

I am sighing, too. I am so glad we discovered this place.