Friday, March 28, 2014

Keep Calm and Carry On

I'm sure everyone has seen this sign:


To me, these words are arranged in a different order:  Carry On and Keep Calm.



I have this quirk:  every time I travel I try to fit everything into a carry-on size suitcase.  It leaves me with fewer options in the wardrobe department and takes a month or so ahead to plan.  Some people think I'm nuts.  My husband is impressed.  I just hate arriving in an unfamiliar airport and trying to find the baggage claim area and waiting nervously to see whether my bag has arrived.

Also, my husband is always in a hurry.  I have to be able to move around quickly.  I can't do that if I have big, heavy luggage.  So I just zip along with my little carry-on bag.  Yes, it limits how much I can take with me, but to me it's worth it to avoid the hassle.  So… I carry on and keep calm.

2 comments:

Bearette said...

Very smart. We had so much luggage going to Hawaii! Then we found a washer/dryer in our "villa." Next time I will pack less.

Anonymous said...

Our family has always travelled lightly, particularly my brother. We are always amazed how much some people take. I guess if you have the experience of back-packing in your younger years it never leaves you, as you know how much you can do without. Carry on!