Monday, February 10, 2014

More Igloos

Last week I posted a photo of an igloo that my neighbors built in their yard, from blocks of ice they cut out of their driveway.  Yesterday I noticed that they have built a second, slightly smaller igloo next to the first one.  If the winter goes on like this, they may have a yard full of igloos.

Tonight I'm going to try to take another photo to show the two igloos.  They have now strung fairy lights around them.  It's quite a sight.  In the meantime, I found this photo on Google and couldn't resist it.


Maybe we will begin to see polar bears in Kentucky!

4 comments:

Bearette said...

Still some snow clinging to the sidewalks here...but not enough to build an igloo!

judy in ky said...

More than enough here. I think we have about four inches of snow covered by a two-inch thick layer of ice. We can walk on top of the whole thing and not make a dent in it!

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine lit up igloos Judy - it would look magical. We have had a run of February birthdays with friends and family here and we have all opted for ice-cream cakes to celebrate because it has been so hot. Again 42 degrees today.

judy in ky said...

Summer birthdays! That's what we have in my family too. When I was little, I thought there was a "birthday season" as in the holiday season.
Enjoy the birthdays and the ice cream cake!