Sunday, September 30, 2012

Indulging My Passions

Today I made guacamole.  When I go to a restaurant they never give me enough.  It's usually a small dab next to the main dish.  Sometimes I order a whole dish just for myself.  Then everyone at the table wants to share it.  So, today I made my own.  I guess I will share it with my husband... if he's good.

















I also made one of my new favorites... a simple pie made with yogurt, honey and fresh blueberries.  I love berries, all kinds of berries.  I have a friend who has a passion for chocolate; I have a comparable passion for berries. When we have a choice of desserts of any kind, she always chooses chocolate and I always choose something with berries.  She always looks at me like she thinks I'm crazy.



P.S.
Moose has asked me for the recipe in the comments.  It's truly easy.

1 ready-made chocolate pie shell
1 pint of blueberries
1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
1 to 2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
Mix honey (to taste) into yogurt and pour into pie shell.  Put blueberries on top and drizzle
with maple syrup.  Refrigerate for at least one hour so it firms up a bit (still won't be too firm).
That's it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guacamole is very more-ish. I can't leave it alone - hard to make it and not dive into it with the corn-chips before it even reaches the table.
It's as impossible to leave guacomele alone as it is to eat just one potato crisp from a freshly-opened packet!

judy in ky said...

You are a woman after my own heart! I did dive into it right away. The recipe said to let it rest for an hour, but that was out of the question.

Bearette said...

Yes, chocolate people don't get non-chocolate people. I used to be non-chocolate but am coming to appreciate it more :) I do love blueberries though.

judy in ky said...

Interesting way to think of it... chocolate people and non-chocolate people. I guess that's what my friend and I are.

Moose said...

Yummy yummy to all the goodies...mom is a chocolate girl, me a wheat free boy! Thanks for stopping by my blog again. Post your berry recipe. Tail wags ~moose

Moose said...

thanks for the recipe! Chocolate pie shell?! Once mom gets all the apple crisp stuff under control she will be on to berries! Yippeee..... tail wags.
~moose

judy in ky said...

It doesn't have to be chocolate, but that's what I use. It's like a graham cracker crust.