Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Busy Week

What have I been doing this week? Well, a lot of it has been involved with my nieces.

First, Sarah is going as the Mad Hatter for Halloween. She asked me to make her a Mad Hatter hat. The hat is almost finished. it looks a lot like this picture, except instead of blue and green, hers is orange and purple.



Then, I have been helping my youngest niece Molly with her homework. It involves these books:


She reads a story, then writes out answers to a series of questions about what she has read. Then she types the answers into her computer, saves it to a flash drive to take to school and prints them out to staple in the book.

A group of vocabulary words is built in to the story, and she has to use each word in her answers. She also has a spelling test on the vocabulary words.

She needs a lot of help with the typing. It takes a lot of patience on my part. She has trouble getting started, but once she gets going, she does really well. It makes me proud.

In the meantime, her older sister rushes through her own homework so fast that her mother has asked the teacher to give her additional work. We have to keep her busy; when she gets bored she spends her time teaching the other kids how to make their faces turn purple. (It's not good.)

My nieces have been keeping me busy!

No comments: