Friday, July 3, 2009

Enough Is Enough!

I have had it with the news media! I like to be aware of what is going on in the world. There is a lot to be concerned about. Africa, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, North Korea, Nicaragua, Israel, and on and on. Yet... what is the first thing I see every time I put on a news channel? Michael Jackson! I have nothing against Michael Jackson. I liked a lot of his music. I reserved judgment when he was on trial. I was sad when I heard that he had died at the age of fifty.

But, enough already! It is now the lead story on every news broadcast. How did he die? Were drugs involved? What about the doctor? Where will the memorial be? Where will he be buried? Who will get the children? Was there a will? It's been over a week since he died. When do we get back to hard news? Shouldn't this be covered under entertainment news?

This didn't just happen with Michael Jackson. Remember when Anna Nicole was all over the news? That went on and on and on for months! Why does the news media have to act like tabloids? Now I know why my father (rest his soul) got all of his news from reading "The Economist". Our news media is a joke.

No comments: