Sunday, May 8, 2011

Guess What I Just Discovered...

...two years late!


Last night I saw some ikat fabric on an HGTV show. I had never heard of it, so I looked it up. "A new trend for 2009" I read this morning on a style blog. That's typical for me. I just can't keep up with what is trendiest. Mostly because I don't really care; I just like what I like. I think these examples of Ikat are interesting and eye-catching. Did anyone else know about this?




What I llike about these the most are the bright colors. The older I get, the more I like bright colors. I used to play it safe with neutrals. I have a friend who always had her home decorated with antiques and a lot of pastels. Now she has moved to an adult community for over 50s. She gave away all her antiques and started over with modern pieces and bright colors. I can see myself doing this if I am able to start over again in a new place.

No comments: